Why is it that you can plan a cruise for 8 months and there is still so much to do the last few days???
1. Hair cut and colored.
2. Manicure and pedicure
3. Pick up tux at the cleaners
4. Go to the bank (and call the credit card companies to tell them you
are going out of town with the card)
5. Stop the mail
6. Make sure pet sitter remembers.
7. Get gas in the car.
8. Do any last minute laundry.
9. Make sure that there are shoes to go with everything.
10. Check weather forecast for last minute re-thinking of wardrobe.
11. Sort and make or separate racks of whatever one must pack.
( I don't subscribe to the very popular pack a few days ahead
method. I don’t want my clothes pre-wrinkled)
12. Finish up the last minute before vacation work load.
Now I don’t know about you, but that list doesn’t leave me any time to cook. And, well, ummm, lets see, oh yes, I need to get in practice for having someone cook for me for 7 days. Yes that is the ticket… it is essential that we eat out or take in until the cruise!!!
For a read-a-holic like me a big factor that must me considered, and this can take some time, is the matter of the perfect book(s) to take along. Do I feel like some light chick-lit or am I thinking an interesting biography or a mystery? I still haven’t decided on this one except for one book that is for sure going. I have some friends who have been urging me to read the Alchemist for some time. I finally got a copy of that and it will be going to Alaska with me. I do think I will need something else though and that will be a last minute decision.
I think I need a vacation to get over getting ready for the vacation, and I wouldn’t have it any other way!!